The Future of WinAPE
The following items may be implemented before the first non Beta release:
- Support for PC file systems without the use of the CPCDOS ROM image. I'm open to suggestions on how to change directories from the Amstrad command line without using RSX (|) commands.
- Amstrad parallel port mapping to Windows printers, using the Protext default control codes for bold, underline etc, and DMP-2000 compatible graphics modes.
- Support for Amstrad serial interface emulation through the PC serial ports.
- Better support for full-screen mode. (Involves creating a new tool bar that can be used in full screen mode with back-buffer flipping).
The following items may be implemented after the first non Beta release:
- Object oriented extensions to the assembler.
- SSA-1 speech emulation (I need some documentation and the phoneme ROM).
- Emulator extensions (The ability to control Windows etc from the Z80!)
- Device drivers to allow floppy drives to be used to read, write and format CPC discs.
- Object Pascal Z80 compiler. (Sorry no C/C++ compiler, I hate the language)
That lot should see me working on WinAPE for the next 20 years or so.